Torrijas (French toast)
• 1 kg bread
• 1 litre of milk
• Olive Oil from Spain
• 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks
• 2 eggs
1. Slice the baguettes in centimetre slices or, if you wish, you can buy specialty bread for “torrijas”. Do not use freshly baked baguettes, but ones that are a few days old.
2. Once you have cut the bread slices for the “torrijas”, put the milk on to boil, adding the cinnamon sticks and sugar. After this, leave the milk to cool.
3. Dunk the bread slices into the milk, once it has cooled down.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and dip the soaked bread slices into it. Once the bread slices are covered with egg, fry them in a pan with lots of Olive Oil from Spain.
5. Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon over the cooked “torrijas” to give them extra flavour; alternatively, dip them into a mix of sugar and cinnamon.