Yorkshire Puddings with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 150 gr. plain flour
• Pinch of salt
• 4 beaten eggs
• 200 ml. milk
• 60 ml. extra virgin olive oil from Europe
1. Pre heat oven to 240ºC.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in your beaten eggs into the well and beat until smooth.
3. Once the flour has become incorporated and the mixture has thickened, add a little milk to loosen it. Keep stirring until all the flour has been incorporated. Beat vigorously to ensure the thick mixture is smooth and then continue adding the remaining milk. Chill the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to ensure the batter is well rested.
4. Meanwhile, spoon a little fat into eight moulds of a deep muffin tin. Place the tin on a baking tray in the oven to heat.
5. When the fat is hot, fill the muffin moulds about half to two-thirds full with the batter and return to the oven immediately. Cook for 20-25 minutes until well risen, a deep golden colour and crisp on the outside.
6. Remove from the oven, take each pudding out the mould and drain on a tray lined with kitchen paper, serve at once.