Galician style Octopus
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 1 octopus (of about 4.4 pounds)
• 1.1 pounds of potatoes
• Sea salt (to taste)
• Spanish sweet or hot paprika (or a mixture of both, depending on your taste)
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil from Spain
• 6 tbsp honey
• 1 large onion and water
1. We recommend to soften the octopus before you cook it. You can get it buying the octopus fresh and then freezing it, or buy it already frozen.
2. One day before, take the octopus out the freezer and leave it in the fridge to thaw.
3. Fill a large pot with water, ad a whole peeled onion, and bring to a boil for about 45-50 minutes over medium heat.
4. While the octopus is boling, wash and peel the potatoes and then cut them in halves. Put them aside.
5. When the octopus is cooked, remove from the boiling water; place in a platter and let it cool. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes.
6. Slice the octopus legs with scissors (about 1/2 of an inch slices), cut the head into small pieces.
7. Serve on a wooden platter: place the potatoes on the bottom and the octopus on top.
8. Add the sea salt, sprinkle the paprika, and add the olive oil. You can also add a little bit of the cooking water.