Sole lollipops with tartar sauce
• 12 sole fillets
• Salt and pepper
• For breading (flour, egg, breadcrumbs)
• 1 bag of crispy Kikos
• ¼ liter of extra virgin olive oil from Spain. The Manzanilla Cacereña variety is recommended.
For the mayonnaise:
• 3 egg yolks
• 0.2 liters of extra virgin olive oil from Spain. The Arbequina variety is recommended
• Splash of wine vinegar
• 250 g of mayonnaise
• 20g pickles
• 20g capers
• 50 g chives
• 1 boiled egg
• 1 teaspoon French mustard
• Chopped parsley.
1. Cut the fish into fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper and rolled and pierced with a skewer, bread them by passing it through flour, egg and breadcrumbs, mixed with crushed kikos.
2. In a frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil from Spain (extra virgin olive variety Manzanilla Cacereña is recommended). Add the sole fish lollipops and fry until golden, once they are done remove them and placed on absorbent paper, to remove excess fat.
3. For the tartar sauce: first make the mayonnaise, to do this, place the eggs in a container, add salt and vinegar, and beat everything with the help of a blender and emulsify little by little with extra virgin olive oil (Arbequina variety is recommended). When it has emulsified, add salt to taste along with the chopped pickle, chopped caper, the hard-boiled egg, also chopped chives and the parsley. Finally, add a teaspoon of mustard and mix everything well.
The lollipops are placed on a glass and put a small plate with the tartar sauce.