Ingredients for the eggs:
• 2 farm fresh eggs
• 4 English muffins
• 4 thick slabs of bacon
Ingredients for the Hollandaise sauce:
• Juice of one lemon
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• A Little bit of orange zest
• Minced fine herbs (according to your preference): dill, chives, tarragon
1. Try making the Hollandaise sauce from scratch so it is a bit healthier. To do so, create a double boiler by boiling some water and placing another bowl above the boiling pot. Add 2 egg yolks, the lemon juice and the orange zest.
2. Mix it for approximately 3 minutes until the mix acquires a creamy texture. Slowly add in one cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Season with salt, dill, chives and tarragon.
3. Then line a small bowl with saran wrap and brush it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Add the egg, salt and close the packet. Submerge it in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Another option is to cook the eggs in a strainer to remove the excess water. Let cook for 3 minutes in water, which has been brought to its boiling point, but with the heat off so they do not break apart.
1. Cook the bacon on both sides in a pan without oil. Toast the bread in a toaster.
2. Assemble the egg and bacon on top of the bread. To finish, cover with the Hollandaise sauce, garnish with a sprig of dill and you can accompany it with a salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain to give it a special touch.