Roasted pork and squash ragout
• Roast´s Ingredients:
• 3.25 lb pork tenderloin
• 2 grated cloves of garlic
• 2 teaspoons of oregano
• 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon
• The zest of 1 orange
• ¼ cup orange juice
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 1 small squash, cut into cubes
• ½ cup grated cured cheese
• 1 onion, diced
• 6 tablespoons of Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Salt and pepper
• 5 sage leaves
1. Mix the half cup of Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, salt, grated garlic, lemon juice, oregano, orange juice, fresh tarragon, pepper and orange zest together in a bowl.
2. Place the pork tenderloin in an oven-safe pan and brush it with the marinade.
3. With the fatty part facing up, bake in a preheated oven at 220º for 15 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, baste with the marinade and lower the temperature to 200º.
5. After 45 minutes, brush the pork again with the marinade to increase its moisture and flavor.
6. Keep it in the oven for another 15 minutes (one hour total), and then let it rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
7. Put the squash, a dash of salt and 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in an oven-safe pan. Pre-heat oven to 180º and roast it for 30 minutes.
Pour 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain into a pan and sauté the onion until it is translucent. Add the squash and sage. Cook for an additional 10 minutes and add the grated cured cheese. Serve with the sliced pork