Cream of Mushroom Soup with Hazelnuts
• 1 lb. of a variety of mushrooms
• 34 oz. (1 liter) of chicken stock
• ¼ cup of 2% milk
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 heaping tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 chives´ bunch
• Chopped hazelnuts
• A few shavings of sharp cheese
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
1. In a pan, sauté the chopped onion with the two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and add a pinch of salt. When the onions are translucent, add the mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes.
2. Cover with the chicken stock and the milk. Cook it for 10 minutes, stir and set aside.
3. Put the cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and the chives into a kitchen processor. Then, blend until you obtain chive oil with a homogeneous texture.TIP: Chop the chives so that they will blend better when you put them into the processor.
4. Serve in bowls or on individual plates with a splash of the chive oil, the chopped hazelnuts and some shavings of sharp cheese. And now you have your star dish of the season! Remember, you can also use the hazelnuts to accompany salads or to garnish sauces and soups.