Olive Oil Bread
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 1 package of fresh yeast
• 600 grams of strong flour
• Two teaspoons of salt
• One teaspoon of sugar
• Between Five or six tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• Some water
1. Mix the flour with the yeast in a bowl or a large cup. Mix well, then add the salt and sugar.
2. Heat 300 millilitres of water to just before boiling and leave it to cool for between five or ten minutes. The result is hot water but not burning. Add the tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
3. Make a small hole in the centre of the flour and yeast mix and rain the liquid inside. Mix the ingredients with your hands, forming soft and sticky dough. Shake some flour on top.
4. Place the dough on a large cutting board or any smooth surface. Knead the dough continuously, folding it in half and flattening it out. Repeat this process until the dough is soft and of the size you want.
5. Shape the dough into a ball and cover it with a cloth. Let it sit for approximately 60 to 90 minutes. We can test that the dough is ready by pressing on it with a finger – if the dough pops back into shape, it is ready.
6. Preheat the oven to 250 to 300°C (480 to 570°F). Oil a baking tray with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and place the dough inside. Bake for 25 or 30 minutes, let cool, and your Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain Bread is ready to be enjoyed.