Crepes with spiced strawberries
Ingredients (4 pax)
For the crepes:
• 2/3 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
• 2 tablespoons cane sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 ½ cups skim or semi skimmed milk
• A pinch of salt
For the strawberries
• ½ lb. rinsed strawberries, cut in half
• 2 ground cardamom seeds
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• ½ teaspoon pink pepper
• 1 tablespoon cane sugar
• ½ teaspoon lime zest
• cocoa powder for garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients for the crepes with a hand mixer and let the crepe batter sit for a half hour in the fridge. You can add any kind of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, but if you want a variety with sweeter hints, we suggest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
2. For the strawberries, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick pan and pour a ladle of the crepe batter to create a thin film that covers the pan. When the edges begin to peel, flip it using your hands. Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
Serve the crepes hot with the strawberries, and garnish with sprinkled cocoa.