Rice with vegetables
• 300 g Long grain rice (basmati, indica, jasmine, etc.)+
• 2-3 Carrots, medium
• 2 large red peppers
• 1-2 Onions, medium
• 2-3 garlic cloves, large
• 100 g Green peas
• 100 g Canned corn
• 100 g Zucchini
• 2-3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
• Parsley, chives, dill, coriander, tarragon and other vegetables to taste.
• Salt, pepper, paprika, saffron barberry, turmeric and other spices, to taste.
1. To keep the rice loose and not lumpy, rinse it several times until the drained water is clear. Put water in a saucepan and add the rice and bring to a boil. (The volume of water is 2 times that of rice).
2. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook the rice for 20 more minutes. You can focus on the state of the rice grains: on point, slightly hard or well done.
3. Clean and chop the vegetables. Carrots and zucchini can be grated with a fine grater.
4. Heat extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a deep-frying pan and fry the vegetables. Start with the onion and garlic. After 1-2 minutes add the carrots and zucchini. After 3-4 minutes add the peppers, peas, and corn. Fry for 5 more minutes.
5. Drain the rice and put it in a pan with the fried vegetables. Add salt, stir and add the spices. Mix gently.
6. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
Presentation of the dish:
Serve the rice on a plate with the vegetables and decorate with a few sprigs of vegetables.