Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Ingredients (6 pax)
• 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 1 small onion, finely diced
• 2 cups of chopped broccoli
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp mustard powder
• 1 cup 1% skimmed milk
• 3 tsp all-purpose flour
• 4 large eggs
• 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
• 1 Melt-In-Your-Mouth Olive Oil Pie Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. Heat the extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a medium skillet over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, for about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli cook and keep stirring, until the broccoli begins to come soft, 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper and mustard powder. Allow to cool completely.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the milk and flour until the flour is dissolved. Add the eggs and whip to incorporate.
3. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean completely, 55-70 minutes. Allow to cool for 8 minutes before cutting it into slices.