Courgettes with tomatoes and bacon
Ingredients (4 pax)
• 4 courgettes
• 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 200g bacon, cut into fine strips
• 2 onions
• 1 big garlic clove
• 4 tomatoes
1. Wash and dry the courgettes. Slice and sauté them in a frying pan with little Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain for about 7-8 minutes and add seasoning as you like.
2. Remove the courgettes from the pan with a slotted spoon and, in the same oil, sauté the bacon strips together with the onions, peeled and finely sliced. Add chopped garlic and the tomatoes, peeled and diced.
3. Leave the mixture to cook for another 11 minutes, then return the courgettes to the pan. Cook for an extra 4 minutes.
4. Serve the courgettes on a plate with the sautéed bacon sofrito on top. Serve it hot.