Ingredients (4 pax)
• 4 golden delicious, Macintosh, or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
• 5 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
For the crust
• 1 1/2 cups instant oatmeal
• 1/2 cup coarsely ground blanched almonds
• 1 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
• 8 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1. Lightly Extra Virgin Olive Oil baking dish for the apple slices. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Toss the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread the apples in the baking dish.
3. In a separate bowl, mix oatmeal, almonds, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Spoon this mixture over the apples, evenly covering the surface.
4. Bake the apple crisp for about 35 – 45 minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp and the apples are very soft.
5. Remove, and cool it slightly and then serve.