Macadamia nuts and melon ajo blanco By Juan Llorca
• 90g raw peeled almonds
• 210g Macadamia nuts
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 800g melon
• 80g EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) from Spain
• 100ml cold water
• 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 4 fresh figs
• Sesame and poppy seeds
1. A delicious recipe where EVOO predominates in its flavor, providing texture, aroma and nutrients.
2. A different way of preparing a traditional ajo blanco, with local summer seasonal products and supporting the @oliveoilworldtoureu project.
3. First, we put the almonds and walnuts to soak in some water in the fridge for approx. 40 min.
4. Meanwhile peel the garlic, remove the inner germ (sprout inside) and peel and remove the melon seeds.
5. In a powerful blender glass, add the almonds and macadamias with a little water, garlic, vinegar, melon and a pinch of salt. Crush well until obtaining a very smooth cream, you can modify its texture by adding very cold water if necessary.
6. Once crushed add the EVOO and emulsify little by little, until it is well mixed and silky, thanks to the fatty part of the EVOO.
7. Taste and add salt to taste if needed. (If the mixer is not very powerful.
8. Finish by putting it in a bowl, with a fresh fig cut into quarters, some sesame and poppy seeds and with a good stream of extra virgin olive oil.
Serve it cold. AND DONE!